Users are required to be at least 18 years of age. We do not intend for anyone under the age of 18 to use the Service and we do not direct any of our content specifically at children under 18 years of age.
By using the Service, you are accepting the policies and practices described herein.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We collect the following types of information:
INFORMATION collected DIRECTLY from you
- In order to register as a user with Cardamom, you will be asked to login using an email address and creating a personal profile, or signing in via your Facebook login. If you sign in via Facebook, you authorize us to access certain Facebook account information, such as your public Facebook profile (consistent with your privacy settings in Facebook), your email address, interests, likes, gender, birthday, education history, relationship interests, current city, photos, personal description, and friend list.
- We may collect and store any other personal information you provide while using the Service or in some other manner. If you chat with other Cardamom users, you provide us the content of your chats. If you contact us with an inquiry or other communication, we will collect the content of that communication.
Information collected automatically WHEN YOU USE THE SERVICE
- Usage Information. We collect information about your use of the Service. This information is used to improve the Service performance and the User experience.
- Device Information. We collect information about your device, which may include the hardware model, your IP address, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, browser type and language, mobile device phone number, mobile network information, and your mobile device’s geographic location while the Service is actively running. We may collect additional information to help us diagnose issues and send device-specific notifications.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies.
- You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser. However, if you choose to disable this function, your experience on the Service may be diminished and some features may not work as they were intended.
- Social Activity
- Some of the features of the Service are social by design and allow you to publicly share information about yourself and your activities such as your level of activity and participation with the Service; activities performed or rankings, rewards or recognition earned; and comments, posts and invitations to people within your social network.
- The Service may include interactive forums such as messaging channels, message boards and chat rooms. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information
- Analytics. We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or the Service, including that may assist us in improving the Service.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- Deliver and improve our products and services, and manage our business;
- Manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- Remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our or others’ products, services, or content;
- Communicate with you about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or other third parties;
- Develop, display, and track content and advertising tailored to your interests on the Service and other sites, including providing our advertisements to you when you visit other sites;
- Website or mobile application analytics;
- Verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests, surveys and special offers;
- Diagnose or fix technology problems;
- Automatically update the Service on your device;
- Verify your identify and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity; and
- Perform functions or services as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- Other Users. When you register as a User of Cardamom, your Cardamom profile will be viewable by other Users. Other Users will be able to view information you have provided to us directly or through Facebook, such as your Facebook profile photo, any additional photos you upload or share, your first name, your age, approximate number of miles away, your personal description, and information you have in common with the person viewing your profile, such as common Facebook friends and likes. If you chat with other Users you provide them with the content of that conversation.
- Service Providers. We may share information, including personal and financial information, with third parties that perform certain services on our behalf (“Service Providers”). These services may include fulfilling orders, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, advertisement tracking and analytics, supporting the Service functionality, and supporting contests, surveys and other features offered through the Service. These Service Providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Advertising and Other Third Parties. We may use and share anonymized information we collect with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on the Service and on websites or applications of third parties, and to analyze and report on advertising you see. We also may share aggregated, non-personal information with third parties, including advertisers, advisors and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis or other business purposes.
- Other Situations.
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- In the event of a sale or transfer of part or the whole of Cardamom or our assets to another organization (e.g. in the course of a corporate transaction like a merger, acquisition, dissolution or the unlikely event of bankruptcy), customer information may be among the items sold or transferred.
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
You have the ability to review and update your personal information within the Service by opening your account and editing your profile or visiting Settings. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to enjoy or use certain features of the Service if such information is required in order for you to do so.
PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take reasonable security measures to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized disclosure and to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that we obtain from you. However, as no system can be completely secure, we make no assurances about our ability to prevent any such loss, misuse or alteration, and we will have no liability to you or to any third party arising out of any such loss, misuse or alteration.
OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
- Your browsing and interaction on any third-party website or service, including those that may have a link on our website, are subject to that third party’s own rules and policies.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.